Natural Management of DiabetesOct 30, 2020 08:59AM ● By Dr. Kristy Harvell
· Make blood sugar levels look good on paper
· American Diabetes Association diet full of grains
· Discover the cause of the elevated blood sugar through diet modification
· Address inflammation causes
· Change habits and support the pancreas and digestive system through whole-food supplementation
· A low-carbohydrate diet, rich in lean proteins and vegetables
· Educate on hidden sources of sugars in the Standard American Diet
Diabetes is reversible—what you need to know:
Just because diabetes runs in your family, you don’t have to live with it. Diabetes is preventable and treatable. Many patients that follow a low-carbohydrate diet, exercise three or more times per week, and eat a diet of lean proteins and plenty of vegetables have been able to lower or eliminate their reliance on prescription medications and even reverse diabetes altogether. Low-glycemic fruits can be consumed but should be eaten in moderation; the same goes for starchy vegetables. Avoiding sugar, artificial sweeteners, chemical additives, processed meats, fried foods, caffeine and soft drinks is also very important. And getting plenty of fiber and fueling your body with proper supplementation from organic food sources gives your body what it needs to repair and regenerate.
Dr. Kristy Harvell is the founder of Health by Design. For more information, visit HealthByDesignFL.com.